Matriculation as Doctoral Student

Matriculation as doctoral student

at Kiel University

As soon as you have been officially accepted as a doctoral candidate by the Faculty of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences and have received your acceptance letter, you have the possibility to register as a doctoral student at our student service center.

You can find copious information about deadlines for matriculation, matriculation fees and manner of payment on the pages of the Studierendenservice (Student Service) of the university. Also the Graduate Center gives advice on enrolment questions.

If you are no German citizen different rules for matriculation apply. In this case please contact the International Center at Kiel University. On the following page you can read more information about Admission to doctoral studies.

After enrolling as a doctoral student at the University of Kiel, you will receive a certificate of study (in German: Studienbescheinigung), which - if desired - is required for the use of discounts and other services.

Please consider the respective provision of the Hochschulgesetz of the federal state of Schleswig-Holstein and the respective doctoral degree regulations.