Your status at Kiel University

As a PhD candidate, you are a member Kiel University if you are either an employee of the university, i.e. you have a corresponding employment contract, or if you are enrolled as a doctoral student. Please note that registering for a doctoral degree or registering at the Graduate Center does not constitute membership.

Should you use rooms and/or laboratories of the faculty for your doctoral project, we recommend you to arrange a licensing contract with the respective institution.

Already in the admission procedure as a doctoral student of the faculty you have to register obligatorily in the CAU's doctorate statistics. The university is required by law to collect the data. The data is used for statistical purposes.

It is possible to enroll as a doctoral student at the CAU.

As a German doctoral candidate with a German academic degree you make the enrollment at the Student Service. Please note the deadlines. 

As a doctoral candidate from abroad with an academic degree from abroad you make the enrollment at the International Center of the university.

Additionally it possible to register at the Graduate Center in order to take advantage of the Center's services.